Monday 16 January 2012

Words that touched me.

As I was searching the net (as I do on occasion) I came across a page where everything on it seemed to touch me in some way, but there was one thing that grabbed my attention more so than the others...

One Hundred Years from now
(excerpt from "Within My Power" by Forest Witcraft)

One Hundred Years from now
It will not matter
what kind of car I drove,
What kind of house I lived in,
how much money was in my bank account
nor what my clothes looked like.
But the world may be a better place because
I was important in the life of a child.

It are words like these that make my job as a teacher the most rewarding - to see a child smile, to laugh, to contemplate and be patient, to wonder and to enjoy...what more can you ask for?  Yep, I am a very lucky person indeed!

Mrs C xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment